Taylor & Francis have been publishing Open Access Books since 2013 and are now one of the world’s largest publishers of Open Access Books. We are leading the way in open access by collaborating with academic institutions and consortia around the world to open academic books, enabling innovation and partnerships globally.
This autumn Taylor & Francis invite you to publish a new book with our Gold Open Access Books programme and Taylor & Francis will complement it by converting another previously published title of your choice to Open Access*. Choose more than one previously published title to open and get the additional title BPC reduced by 40%.
*Offer valid until December 31, 2020
Why choose to invest in Open Access Books?
- Increased visibility and readership: Research published open access is available to anyone across the globe, at any time. Greater visibility can result in increased readership and citations for institutional research.
- Influence beyond academia: Publishing research in an open access format allows access for all research that can help inform policy makers, lead to research breakthroughs, and improve everyday lives. Publishing work open access makes it easier for policy makers, non-government agencies, the media, educators, and practitioners to put research into action.
- Freely sharing work: No barriers to readership or access gives your researchers the freedom to share open access books with peers, colleagues, institutions, and organizations around the world with no restrictions or paywall.
Publishing Open Access Books with Taylor & Francis
- Creative Commons licensing options: We offer a range of Creative Commons licensing options which will indicate how others use and build upon the published work, so you can find the right fit for your institution and comply with any funder mandates.
- Flexibility of text types: We published across the majority of text types so are not limited to the monograph form, across all subject areas in HSS and STEM.
- Global Reach of our Open Access Books: Content is available via online repositories such as Google Scholar, DOAB, OAPEN and CLOCKSS as well as our Taylor & Francis eBooks platform TaylorFrancis.com. In 2019 Taylor & Francis Open Access Books were accessed in 202 countries tracked from the OAPEN platform giving expanded reach to the research.
- Taylor & Francis now offers membership packages for open access books. Discover how to simplify the open access process for authors and benefit from tailored packages and discounts on book and chapter processing charges for your institution.
*A frontlist book is defined as currently under contract, in production or less that one year old.
**Taylor & Francis will supply a list of backlist titles which an institution can choose to convert to Open Access