Our second 2020 update brings fresh content to SDGO, encompassing 1,129 new book chapters and 114 new articles.
The most recent update features 12 articles across 3 subject areas. Noteworthy additions and revisions include the following:
- Moral Obligation by Peter Graham
- Respect for persons by Robin S. Dillon
- Public Health Ethics by Alberto Giubilini
- History of Materialism by Robin Brown
Key highlights include:
- New update contains 10 new articles across 2 subject areas (Literature and Visual Arts).
- Over 2,100 articles from experts in the field, supported by over 100 images.
- Over 1.2 million words at launch from over 1,000 contributors
- 29 overviews from the most studied topics provide a useful introduction for students to the subject
- 2020 Modern Library Awards Honorable Mention
View full REM update here
The RPA is thrilled to offer excerpts from Routledge titles to provide context and further understanding to our videos. Joining excerpts from Annie Loui’s The Physical Actor, Avra Sidiropoulou’s Directions for Directing. Theatre and Method, and Suzette Coon’s Short Plays with Great Roles for Women is Maria Shevtsova’s Chekov in an Age of Uncertainty and Postmodernist Aesthetics.
Along with a chapter of Contemporary Rehearsal Practice: Anthony Neilson and the Devised Text, we have 21 sequences that illustrate the workshopping of Narrative, a 2013 play performed at Royal Court Theatre Upstairs.
Many tables in the “Health and Safety Information” section have been updated to reflect best current practices, such as:
- Chemical Safety (New)
- Selection of Laboratory Gloves
- Selection of Respirators and Respirator Cartridges and Filters
- Chemical Carcinogens
- Threshold Limits for Airborne Contaminants
With the 2018 revision of the International System of Units (SI) by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures (BIPM), two important documents dealing with units and fundamental constants have been significantly updated:
- International System of Units (SI)
- CODATA Recommended Values of the Fundemental Physical Constants 2018
Other documents that are new (*) or have been updated with new data values include the following:
- Atomic Masses and Isotopic Abundances
- Bond Dissociation Energies
- Definition of Ambient*
- Electron Affinities
- Polarizabilities of Atoms and Molecules
- Table of the Isotopes
- Solubility Parameters of Selected Polymers
- Properties of Semiconductors
- Atmospheric Concentration of Carbon Dioxide, 1959-2019
- Global Temperature Trend, 1880-2019
- Interstellar Molecules
- Global Warming Potential of Greenhouse Gases
- Major World Earthquakes
- Sources of Physical and Chemical Data