Europa World Year Book
The Europa World Year Book provides detailed country surveys containing analytical, statistical and directory data available for over 250 countries and territories. Each country is covered by an individual chapter containing:
- A unique introductory survey covering contemporary political history; economic affairs; constitution and government; regional and international co-operation; and public holidays
- Over 2,000 international and regional organizations are listed on the site; information includes their contact information, structure, budget and related entities among other data
- Impartial coverage of issues of regional importance from acknowledged experts
- Major commodities section for some regions, including statistical tables relating to recent levels of production and prices, with estimates of world output and leading producer.
- The Europa World Year Book 2018 is also available online as an authoritative and regularly-updated digital resource. For more information, please visit: www.europaworld.com.
What other people say:
“Perhaps the most respected reference work on world affairs, The Europa World Year Book provides authoritative, current, and analytical information about countries and international organizations. The online edition adds value by incorporating more frequent updates than the print edition and by offering several simple yet powerful search features……Easy and intuitive……The ‘print and online bundle’ is a great deal.”– The Charleston Advisor
“Europa World online combines the authoritative text of The Europa World Year Book with equally reliable but current information into an easy-to-use (and read) interface……users will be grateful to find otherwise elusive information, and the statistical data will be a boon to researchers seeking comparative country statistics. Highly recommended for all libraries”– Library Journal
“For scholars and journalists alike it will be an invaluable reference book”– The Economist
“A wealth of up-to-date information valuable to the researcher, diplomat and interested traveller on political, economic and commercial activities in all countries of the world”– Geographic Journal
“An exceptional reference book”– The Bookseller
Now in its 69th edition, The Europa World of Learning is one of the world’s leading reference works. Every type of academic institution is covered, including over:
- 7,800 universities and colleges
- 5,800 research institutes
- 3,400 museums and art galleries
- 5,000 learned societies
- 3,600 libraries and archives
- 850 regulatory and representative bodies
Separate chapters for countries from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe each feature an introductory survey of the country’s higher education system. A separate section covers international organizations concerned with higher education and scholarship.
Europa World of Learning is also available online.
When you need to source accurate information on the past history, achievements and current activities of leading world figures, from heads of state to sporting greats, Europa’s The International Who’s Who 2019 provides the answer. Published annually since 1935 The International Who’s Who is your source for hard-to-find biographical details on over 25,000 of the world’s most prominent and influential personalities.
The International Who’s Who is also available online and features thousands of click-through web links and email addresses, and advanced search functions enabling users to search by name, nationality, place and date of birth and by profession.
The Europa Regional Surveys of the World