Konsortium der sächsischen Hochschulbibliotheken, represented by The Saxon State and University Library Dresden (SLUB), is a licensing consortium of university libraries across the Saxony region. Konsortium der sächsischen Hochschulbibliotheken has signed an open access books agreement with Taylor & Francis Group for twelve months. Authors and researchers affiliated with any of the sixteen academic libraries within the Consortium of Saxon University Libraries, listed to the right, are eligible to receive BPC (book processing charge) funding for forthcoming new titles across all subject areas, with no restrictions on text type.
Read the full press release
How did the conversation start?
Cristina Garcia Pozuelo Sanchez, Senior Sales Executive at Taylor & Francis decided that it would be a good opportunity to start an Open Access Books Membership conversation with Konsortium der sächsischen Hochschulb. “From my side I would like to say that as I already had a relationship with Nicole (librarian, Sächsische Landesbibliothek Staats und Universitätsbibliothek Dresden) and we were chatting about eBooks I decided to ask how about OA eBooks and realized I could help her with their demands to fulfil OA ebooks too”.
Why did Konsortium der sächsischen Hochschulb want to sign an OA book deal with T&F?
Simone Georgi, Head of Collection Development, Sächsische Landesbibliothek Staats und Universitätsbibliothek Dresden (SLUB) / Saxon State and University Library, Dresden, said: “We are committed to open access and open science. Research should be accessible worldwide without barriers and it shall be available for further research with free licenses for reuse, distribution and derivation. It is our goal to provide researchers with infrastructure and simple workflows to realize this goal. With this agreement we are partnering with Taylor & Francis Group to offer Saxon researchers an uncomplicated workflow for publishing books open access.”
Which institutions are covered by this agreement?
- Saxon State Library – Dresden State and University Library (SLUB)
- Leipzig University Library, Bibliotheca Albertina
- University library of the Technical University of Chemnitz
- University library “Georgius Agricola” of the TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- University Library Mittweida (FH)
- University of Technology, Economics and Culture Leipzig (FH)
- University Library West Saxon University of Applied Sciences Zwickau (FH)
- University of Applied Sciences Dresden (FH)
- University of Zittau / Goerlitz University Library
- University of Music and Theater “Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy”
- Dresden University of Fine Arts
- Evangelical University of Dresden
- University of Music Carl Maria von Weber Dresden
- University of Graphics and Book Art Leipzig – Academy of Fine Arts
- Palucca University for Dance Dresden
- University of Cooperative Education Saxony
Open access titles are available for anyone to read for free. The below titles have all been written by researchers within the Consortium of Saxon University Libraries, and will be updated frequently as more open access content funded by the Consortium becomes available.
Titles converted to Open Access with this agreement