Taylor & Francis are expanding their open access membership programme and are delighted to announce that memberships will now be applicable to open access books.
Our open access memberships offer librarians a bespoke solution to support your researchers in publishing open access. They simplify the process of publishing open access for authors and give you:
- Discounts on book publishing charges.
- More visibility of open access books and chapters from your institution.
- Tools to raise the profile of your open access research.
Read on to discover the benefits for your institution or get in touch with one of our open access team to discuss your needs.
Supporting Your Institution
There are many benefits of an open access membership with Taylor & Francis. They include:
- A secure prepayment account with funds set aside for book and chapter publishing charges.
- Discounts on the BPCs for open access book content including chapters.
- Reduced administration of processing multiple invoices.
- Developing open access publishing at your institution by facilitating the funding of BPCs.
- A dedicated and personalized open access page on Rouledge.com.
Do you want to provide your researchers with open access publishing support and comply with funder and institutional mandates?
Our open access team can work with you to develop a solution which meets your needs.
What is Included in an Open Access Membership?
Prepay money into a fund that allows eligible researchers to publish their book or chapter gold open access in the Taylor & Francis Open Access Books program. BPCs covered by the fund will receive a discount, with the level of discount determined by the amount of money you deposit into your account.
The funds in your prepayment account do not expire and can be withdrawn at any time.
Member Web Page
Promote your membership to researchers using your personalized page on Routledge.com.
The page acts as a portal for all open access research from your institution – providing increased visibility for the books and chapters published using membership funds.
We can also include eligibility criteria and other information authors need to publish their book or chapter open access at your institution to help increase awareness of the program.
How do you Set Up an Open Access Books Membership?
- Get in touch with one of our open access team to discuss your needs.
- Decide the amount of funds you would like to add to your prepayment account.
- Once your prepayment account is finalized, the institution will be asked to allocate a central contact who will always be asked to authorise a BPC (to check author affiliation etc) before we make a deduction from the account.